We are all aware that D’Prince is a Nigerian artist. But here are other 15 things you don’t know about the “Goody Bag” hit maker.
D’Prince aka “The Child of a King” was born on the 23rd of October, 1986, in Lagos. He is an Afropop singer and songwriter known for hit jams like: Amarachi, Take Banana and Goody Bag. He is a junior brother to popular music bigwig Don Jazzy, the owner of Mavin Records.
D’Prince have been doing music for a long time. His passion for music sprung up right from his teenhood – and the reason for this was because his father is a musical producer. Despite being an Igbo, D’Prince can sing not only in Pidgin and English but also in Yoruba — well that’s to prove he his no newbie or rookie when it comes to music business.
In that case, see for yourself the 15 things you possibly don’t know about D’Prince beneath;
15 Things you don’t know about D’Prince
1. Apparently D’Prince is an Afropop as well Afrobeat singer, songwriter and entrepreneur.
2. D’Prince was born on the 23rd of September 1986, in Lagos Nigeria. But hails from Umuahia, Abia State.
3. He came into the spotlight after realeasing his hit single titled “Omoba” in 2009.
4. He his the younger brother to Don Jazzy, the owner of Mavins Record.
5. His father is known as Collins Enebeli, a musical producer and the CEO of Sagitarious Productions. While his mother is Patience Enebeli, an international business mogul.
6. Aside from bearing D’Prince on stage, his full real name is Charles Enebeli, which is considered an Igbo name.
7. He was initially signed to MoHits record label in 2005, but after the label extinction. D’Prince got signed into Mavin Records.
8. Both Fela Kuti and Bob Marley, are artists he regard as mentors.
9. Frankly this might seem hilarious, but the Omoba, himself has a pet gold fish.
10. He launched a Night club, which is called Club Jonzing in 2011.
11. D’Prince has had an endorsement deal with MTN Telecom giant in 2011 and 2013.
12. The prestigious artist was nominated for the Most Promising Act at The Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2010. Then in 2011 and 2013, he was nominated for The Best Pop Single, at The Headies Award.
13. Amid 2015 D’Prince had a child with Sharon Oparacho, a graduate of Coventry University, UK. Later in 2016 the duo welcomed their second child.
14. On the 5th of November 2012, he released his first studio album titled “Frenzy” featuring artist like; Bracket, M.I Abaga, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, Dr SID, Wizkid, Timaya, Sinzu, Eva Alordiah, General Pype, Ice Prince and Tiwa Savage.
15. He now owns a record label named Jonzing World. It was founded on the 22nd of march 2019. Meanwhile Jonzing World is a subsidiary to Mavins Record.
16. D’Prince currently has two signee, under Jonzing World label. He signed Rema in 2019 and Ruger in 2021. The trio collaborated and realeased a Jam “One Shirt” under the label.
There you already have it. The 15 Thing you barely know about the D’Prince. Trust this piece was enlighten, then don’t hesitate to share.